Saturday 24 August 2013

Beauty Review #1 Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Minerals Review

I want to do my first make up review on my current 'going out for the night' foundation. I use L'Oreal True Match Minerals Powder Foundation and I have to say for going out make up it is the best I've ever used. I have extremely oily skin and this is the only foundation I have ever used that is able to keep excess oil under control for the whole night. The coverage is absolutely amazing, it is totally flawless and makes pores look invisible. 

However there are some downsides to it and the main one for me is the packaging  In my opinion I don't think its practical, more ends up on my bathroom window sill than the brush. I recommend you be extremely careful opening it because the powder tends to fall out. Another downside for me is that after wearing it on a night out I would break out slightly the next day particularly my neck where I've used it for blending, but it doesn't bother me too much because as I've mentioned before, the converge is flawless.



In the photo above I'm wearing this foundation. It might not seem like it but in fact I am wearing the lightest shade (Golden Ivory) Because it is quite dark for me I don't use it as my daytime foundation but party occasions only. I apply it by simply dipping the brush that comes with it into the foundation (you may need to shake the powder bottle to make the powder accessible) I blow some excess powder of the brush then apply to my face in light circular motions. I then use a small face brush to place powder over blemishes and round my eyes for extra coverage. 

RRP £14.99



Conclusion


Rating 8/10


Pros: 

  • Brilliant Coverage
  • Controls excess oil and shine
  • Easy to apply
  • A little goes a long way
Cons
  • A bit pricey if you're on a tight budget
  • Impractical Packaging
  • May cause small break outs

Would I recommend this? YES.

If you have any questions or want to share your view on this product please comment below.

-H

2 comments:

  1. This was a really good review & I think you should continue doing this. Also I have a review on my blog for oily skin; go check it out I think you will find it helpful ashleybeautyxo.blogspot.com Im now following your blog, hopefully you like mine and follow back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm off to visit your blog now (:

      -H

      Delete